- What is PESO?
- Objective of PESO
- Services of PESO
- Contact PESO
The Public Employment Service Office or PESO is a non- fee charging multi- employment service facility or entity established or accredited pursuant to Republic Act 8759 otherwise known as the PESO Act of 1999.
To carry our fulfillment and equality of employment opportunities for all, and for this purpose, to strengthen and expand the existing employment facilitation service machinery of the government particularly at the local levels there shall be established in all capital towns of provinces, key cities, and other strategic areas a Public Employment Service Office. Hereinafter referred to as PESO which shall be community – based and maintained largely by the Local Government Units (LGUs), Non Government (NGOs) Community Based Organization (CBOs), Universities and Colleges, Technical and Vocational Institution, as well as those institutionalized by virtue of legislative actions of local government coordination and technical supervision, and to the DOLE central office, to constitute the national employment service network.
Republic Act 8759 signed into law on February 14, 1999. An act institutionalizing the establishment PESO nationwide.
Memorandum of Agreement between Department of Labor & Employment with the Local Government of Tagum signed last June 16, 1994.
City Ordinance No 58 s of 2002 “An ordinance creating the Public Employment and Development Service Office (PEDSO) providing it’s Composition, Duties, Function and Responsibility Appropriating Funds thereof.
City Ordinance No 187 s of 2005 “Re – organization of the City Government of Tagum.
Ensure the prompt, timely and efficient delivery of employment service and provision of information on the other DOLE programs.
- 1. Provide a venue where people could explore simultaneously various employment options and actually seek assistance they prefer;
- 2. Serve as referral and information center for various services and programs of DOLE and other government agencies present in the area;
- 3. Provide clients with adequate information on employment and labor market situation in the area; and
- 4. Network with other PESOs on employment for job exchange purpose
2. Referral and Placement
3. Employment Guidance and Counseling
4. Special Programs
- Job Fair
- Special Program for Employment Service Office (SPES)
- Kasanayan at Hanapbuhay Program (KASH)
- Kabataan Program – 4H Club
- Workers Hiring for Infrastructure Project (WHIP)
- Tulong Alalay sa Taong may Kapansanan (TULAY)
5. Skills Training
6. Special Recruitment Activity
7. PGMA Coupon
8. Skilled Workers English Enhancement Program (SWEEP)
9. Anti-illegal Recruiment Campaign (AIR)
11. Career Guidance for Graduating Student