Tagum City is the capital of Davao del Norte. In terms of economic activity, it is dominated by the agriculture sector. Large scale banana plantations are present in the area which are major players in the export market for fresh Cavendish banana.
TRADE AND INDUSTRY
PROPOSED INDUSTRIAL/ECONOMIC ZONE
- Apo Estates Corp. Project, an Industrial Estate and Eco-Tourism Project situated at Madaum, Tagum City;
- Proposed Magdum Industrial Zone;
- Proposed Pandapan/Magdum Heavy Industrial Zone.
KEY ESTABLISHMENT TO SUPPORT SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISE
- Tagum Cultural and Trade Center;
- University of Mindanao – Foundation for Research and Entrepreneurs Enhancement (UM-Free);
- Technology Research and Enterprise Development Institute (TRENDI) and Technology and Livelihood Development Center (TLDC);
- Nestle Phils., Research and Demonstration Farm;
KEY AGRICULTURE AND AQUAMARINE SUPPORT FACILITIES
- Tagum City Public Market;
- Tagum City Livestock and Auction Center; and
- Tagum City Slaughterhouse.
KEY INFRASTRUCTURE FACILITIES
- Tagum Overland Transport Integrated Terminal (TOTIT);
- Tagum City Engineering Services Center;
- Asphalt Plant;
- Madaum Cold Storage and Wharf
INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT FACILITIES
- DepEd Bldg.
- TESDA Provincial Training Center
- Agriculture Demo Farm/Nursery
- PAG-IBIG Provincial Office (to be constructed)
- Gold and Silver Jewelry;
- Furniture (wood base and mixed-media);
- Gifts, Toys and Housewares (novelty, handicrafts); and
- Bags and Footwear
- Meat/Fish Processing; and
- Fruit Processing; (durian products; banana chips, etc)
HIGH VALUED FRUITS SUCH AS BANANA, DURIAN MANGO, POMELO AND COCONUT
OTHER CROPS SUCH AS RICE, CORN AND CALAMANSI